Saturday, July 18, 2009

Big Cherry Holler by Adriana Trigiani

http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/7035568

As a sequel to Big Stone Gap a gentle continuation of the ups and downs of the love between Ave Maria Mulligan and the man she has now been married to for eight years, Jack MacChesney. Ave has still not completely opened her heart to her husband but she needs to now or she is in danger of losing the best thing that ever happened to her. They have not been easy years for them or the local community. The death of their son seems to have come between them, instead of drawing them closer too each other. Ave Maria only realises her lack of full commitment to the marriage after a trip she and her daughter take to Italy. She returns to Big Stone Gap determined to put things right between her and her husband and learn to be more open and honest with him.
Once again I found this rather slow but marginally more enjoyable as it was only in April that I read Big Stone Gap, so the cast of characters were still familiar to me.
I will go on to read the final volume of the trilogy Milk Glass Moon soon while the story is still with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I indulge my love of books with this blog and it makes it all worthwhile when you leave comments. I really am interested in what you think so do let me know. I have decided as the nature of this review blog makes for conversation in the comments, just to reply here and not individually, so please subscribe to comments or call back again to stay in the conversation. Thankyou for your continued support.