Sunday, February 14, 2010

Book-lovers meet on Valentine's Day

As some of you know I am a member and great fan of Bookcrossing. I want to share this great video which explains the concept of Bookcrossing and features one of my BC friends 'Lyzzybee'

Fall in Love With BookCrossing

What happens when you put BookCrossing and Valentine's Day together? If you're in Birmingham, UK the answer is A Novel Way to Find Love. On February 14, BookCrossers and other book enthusiasts will gather at Urban Coffee to try speed-dating, book-lover style. Instead of trying to find the perfect sweetheart during the course of several two-minute interviews with a roomful of hopefuls, participants will pitch a favorite book to convince others of its worth. This event, hosted by the Birmingham BookCrossers to raise awareness of and funds for, the charity LUCIA, is open to the public. As an added bonus, celebrated author R. J. Ellory will also discuss a few favorite books and answer questions about his own novels. To whet your appetite and maybe inspire you to find a little BookCrossing Love, check out this video about the Birmingham gathering.
Credits http://www.iambirmingham.net/

2 comments:

  1. lakeviewer coming from the USA where Bookcrossing started I am curious to know if you have come across it very often before, if at all?

    ReplyDelete

I indulge my love of books with this blog and it makes it all worthwhile when you leave comments. I really am interested in what you think so do let me know. I have decided as the nature of this review blog makes for conversation in the comments, just to reply here and not individually, so please subscribe to comments or call back again to stay in the conversation. Thankyou for your continued support.